Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm in the mood for soup....

Ok so since it's been so long I figured two posts were in order.  This is my recipe for a no fail, delicious, hearty and home made stew.  Growing up I hated stew, I never wanted it, I'm not sure why but my mom would make it and I would just eat the meat. This has now become a staple in the winter at my house, my kids love it and I make it at least twice or more a month.  So enjoy

Beef Stew

*  1 package of stew meat
*  32 ounces of beef broth
*  4 large potatoes, peeled and cut in bite size chunks
*  1 can cut green beans, drained
*  1 can whole kernel corn, drained
*  1 can stewed tomatoes
*  1 tablespoon Morton's Natures Seasonings
*  1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
*  1 tablespoon onion powder
*  1 1/2 teaspoon white ground pepper
*  1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

In a large soup pot add olive oil and stew meat until meat is browned.  When meat is about half way done add the garlic and spices.  When meat is browned and there is a roux in the bottom dump all other ingredients in the pot.  Bring to a boil on medium high heat and covered.  After 10 minutes turn to medium low for another hour, stirring occassionally.  When meat is tender the stew is done.  You can serve with corn bread or bread and butter, I have been using crescent rolls myself because I am not a fan of the corn bread.
Let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment