Saturday, September 25, 2010

My kids win.

So my kids have a favorite dinner that is made by their grandmother.  I had never had this or even heard of this before being with their father.  So my ex in laws are from New York, the Bronx to be exact so one assumes when they say they are making spaghetti, it is going to be great sauce with meats and peppers and all the trimmings.  Now don't get me wrong my mother in laws Italian spaghetti is probably my favorite of all time, anywhere, so when she says she is making American spaghetti, I'm intrigued.  So this is now my kids favorite and actually it's everyone's favorite except my late father in laws.  My mother in law would have to make him something separate for dinner when she made this.  So, to make a long story short, I am making American spaghetti this weekend for my kids and I have to tell you it is very time consuming, and here it is........

AMERICAN SPAGHETTI:

2 Large cans whole peeled tomatoes
2 bricks New York Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 box thin spaghetti

In a blender, blend the whole peeled tomatoes until smooth
put tomato sauce in large saucepan
cut cheese into small pieces and add to tomato sauce
stir while cheese melts
cook spaghetti and drain
once cheese is melted serve over noodles

And there you have it, it sounds odd but it's very good and pretty rich.

1 comment: